overlay problem

Huggly

overlay problem

Post by Huggly » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:34 pm

I had a single overlay on my only monitor. I opened a post about long term timers, and normalization of the timer bar. There was a suggestion to put longer timers into a different overlay, and someone suggested a second monitor.

So, I added second monitor, moved the default overlay to the second monitor, and created a new overlay for the long term timers on the second monitor.

I found myself missing some some emotes, so I wanted to move the default timer back to middle of my primary monitor. I have done so, restarted the program, even had an update, and timers are showing in the new default overlay position on my primary monitor, but the display text is showing where the default overlay used to be on the second monitor.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: overlay problem

Post by Gimagukk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Okay, a few questions (partially to help me understand, and partially things to check):

1) On the "Overlays" tab of the ribbon bar, what buttons do you see in the "Text Overlays" section and what buttons do you see in the "Timer Overlays" section. (Note that a Text and a Timer overlay can have the same name -- e.g., "Standard" -- but they are two separate windows.)

2) For any trigger that is showing up where you don't expect -- when you edit the Trigger, what is the Category assigned to the trigger?

3) On the "Home" tab of the ribbon bar, click on the Trigger Categories button. Which Text and Timer overlays are assigned to the category you saw in #2? (Note that new triggers will automatically be assigned to whichever category is marked as "Default" with the radio buttons on this screen.)

Huggly

Post by Huggly » Tue May 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Huggly = idiot.

2 overlay types, sigh. I obviously moved both to the second monitor. No idea why I didn't realize I wasn't moving the text one back.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue May 01, 2012 7:22 pm

No worries, you were an early adopter of the program when I was naming both the default Text overlay and the default Timer overlay as "Default". I changed it in a later version so that the default timer overlay is named "Default Timer" or something like that.