Publisher Blocked From Running Software on Machine??

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
Fnhfive7

Publisher Blocked From Running Software on Machine??

Post by Fnhfive7 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:00 pm

As of earlier today, and after a Windows update, I cannot use GINA anymore. I get an error window and it says "This publisher has been blocked from running any software on your machine." Oddly, I am not the only one. This happened to at least 4 other people I know of, and at the same time. We have tried everything. Running as Admin, contacted Microsoft and they had me do all kinds of bs that didn't work. I talked to two different people and they both said the app was corrupt and my cache was keeping it from running right. Cleared cache and it did nothing. I uninstalled the app, and when I went to reinstall I got the exact same message. The only way I got the app reinstalled was to restore it from the Recycle Bin. Does anyone know of a sure fix for this? Microsoft needs to pull there head out of there rear end and quit spinning a wheel to pick which mistake the user made to cause the issue, because they aren't going to admit it had anything to do with there updates-that's for sure. Any help is GEATLY appreciated, as my friends and I are very, very frustrated as we couldn't raid due to this. Thanks for your time and take care.

ST6

wert1234

Re: Publisher Blocked From Running Software on Machine??

Post by wert1234 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:44 am

Experienced the same. Its been driving me mad. Got it working after some messing about though.

There is probably a better/easier way but this is the path that led me to success....

I right clicked setup.exe and checked the UNBLOCK box. The installer still failed due to certificate expiration or w/e so i just set the windows clock back 1yr. Setup completed. Once I was sure GINA.exe and the other files were created, I corrected the time. The last thing was to right click GINA.exe and check UNBLOCK. Its been working since.

I suspect if you set the time back, install everything, then just UNBLOCK GINA.exe it will work.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I just installed GINA without issue on a LTSC box so like the OP said, a windows update on live probably did "something."

Good luck.

Drakang

Post by Drakang » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Yes this same issue the cert for https://eq.gimasoft.com/ being revoked is blocking the sharing service.

hada79

Post by hada79 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:15 pm

I tried everything so far and I cant install GINA on my windows 10 box. if anyone has any solutions id love to hear what you did.

hada79

Post by hada79 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:49 am

I finally fixed it for me. GINA uses .NET's ClickOnce framework, and for whatever reason my registry settings were set to not trust it.

Keys can be found here:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\Security\TrustManager\PromptingLevel
Set them all to enabled and see if it gets you further.

I then had to do the time change hack that is mentioned earlier in the thread.

bigmartin

Post by bigmartin » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:47 pm

Well after trying over and over and over again to see if i can figure out how to unblock the publisher I can no longer install GINA onto my computer. I hope there is a fix out there somewhere as i rely on GINA for alot of things I can almost not even play anymore. I raid using GINA and group using GINA I hope someone can reach out to me so we can figure something out. This is what i am getting PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.17763.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
clr.dll : 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
dfdll.dll : 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
dfshim.dll : 10.0.17763.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : http://eq.gimasoft.com/GINA/GINA.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://eq.gimasoft.com/GINA/GINA.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [6/16/2019 3:39:07 PM] : Activation of http://eq.gimasoft.com/GINA/GINA.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [6/16/2019 3:39:16 PM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
- The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestFromStore(DefinitionIdentity asmId)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestWithRetry(DefinitionIdentity asmId, TimeSpan retryInterval, Int32 maxRetryCount)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckAndReferenceApplication(SubscriptionState subState, DefinitionAppId appId, Int64 transactionId)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

nudia_povar

Post by nudia_povar » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Helped someone with this and narrowed the required fixes down to:

1) Right click the setup.exe and go to properties, select Unblock
2) Install setup.exe
3) Navigate to the user's click once installation directory: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\<RANDOM STRING>\<RANDOM STRING>
4) Access the gina..tion_d03ba0016bff7a04_0001.0000_01c7bcb8e29f5572 folder (this may have a different string, I'm not 100% sure, but of the two "gina.." folders, it is the one with "tion")
5) Right click gina.exe and go to properties, select Unblock

Metanis

Post by Metanis » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:34 am

There's another trick you can use to get this to install.

Run a command prompt window (cmd) as administrator! Type cmd in the search field and it should give you the option to run it as administrator.

Navigate to the folder in which you downloaded the setup.exe. An easy way to do this is...
"cd %userprofile%\downloads"

Type "setup" and hit enter.

Metanis

Post by Metanis » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:10 am

Yet another possible solution involving "Trusting" the application...

https://www.gonnalearn.com/your-adminis ... -computer/

Metanis

Post by Metanis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:55 pm

Just helped someone getting GINA running on a newer Win10 box. We tried every solution listed here:

https://windowsreport.com/unblock-publi ... ows-10/#19

and were able to get GINA installed, but Windows 10 still wouldn't let it run until we:

Went to Windows Security > App & browser Control > Reputation-based protection settings > Check apps and files

we changed from Block to Warn and GINA began working!