Feature request: Pause timers while zoning

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
PaulG

Feature request: Pause timers while zoning

Post by PaulG » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:11 pm

Hey, firstly I just want to say GINA has made EQ a million times more enjoyable, and I absolutely love it.

Just a quick suggestion that occurred to me:

An option that can be toggled on/off, labeled something like: "Pause timers while zoning". What this would do is check for the text "LOADING, PLEASE WAIT..." and then pause all of your buff timers. To resume, it would check for "You have entered" or "You have entered {S}", so all timers would then resume once you're finished zoning.

Thanks, and godspeed!

PaulG

Re: Feature request: Pause timers while zoning

Post by PaulG » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:52 pm

It also occurred to me that since there are a lot of timers you won't want to pause while zoning, this would be a great option to put in the Trigger Group Editor - that way you could put all of your buff timers into one group and enable "Pause timers while zoning" for that specific trigger group.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:08 pm

I did some work on this a while back, but found the interval between (a) the time buff timers start ticking after zoning and the and (b) the time the "you have entered" message hitting the logs to be fairly unreliable. The more times you zone, the further from accurate the buff timers became, so I had to leave the feature out.

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:08 am

Gimagukk wrote:The more times you zone, the further from accurate the buff timers became
Wouldn't this be true to a larger extent the way it currently is though?

I mean, even if the interval is off, wouldn't that still ultimately make your buff timers more accurate as opposed to just letting them count while you're zoning? I was thinking that even if it's not perfect, it'd still be better than nothing.