sharing with others

Huggly

sharing with others

Post by Huggly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:34 pm

So, I had a few ppl start using GINA this week. I would try to quickshare them my VoA triggers, and it would show 6859/6859 downloaded, and just freeze for them.

I posted on another thread about my laptop issues. Once I got those sorted, I was able to quickshare my entire VoA trigger set to the laptop, without any issue.

I logged on to one of their computers remotely, and we tested a bunch of scenarios. If I quickshared a single trigger, it would go through every time. If I sent more than one trigger, every time it would hang. I tried disabling mcafee firewall and AV also.. No change.

Any thoughts, methods for troubleshooting?

Eruesso

Re: sharing with others

Post by Eruesso » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Friend is having the exact same problem and we can not figure it out...If anyone knows to how to fix this please respond cuz it kinda sucks i cant send him any ATs at all....He says he just gets some huge number of files trying to transfer it then freezes up and doesnt go to merge option, just gets stuck on transfer where he will have to restart program to try again. This makes no sense to me, he has a cable connection too so its not slow internet...

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:41 am

I'm not able to reproduce this issue yet, so I just uploaded a version with the ability to do some debug logging so that I can see where the issue is occurring.

On the machine that you can reliably replicate this, please make sure you have the most current version (1.0.14.1), enable the "Enable Debug Logging" check box on the Advanced tab of the Settings editor, and then reproduce the problem. This will generate a GINADebug.log file in your %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\GimaSoft\GINA folder. Please email the file to me at library@gimasoft.com to aid in troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Huggly

Post by Huggly » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:41 am

I think this is at my end. I had a user that I remoted to, after waiting for several minutes, we killed gina. No log file was created.

So I exported a package file, and emailed it to the person. When they tried to import it, said there was an error with the file.

Is it possible, that something has gotten garbled, since I've been a user for a long time?

Huggly

Post by Huggly » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:05 am

regarding the log file. Just realized you have to restart GINA, after checking the box, for it to begin creating the log file.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:37 am

Can you send the file that is bad to library@gimasoft.com so that I can troubleshoot it? Also, can you verify which version you each are using (ie, are you both running 1.0.14.1)?

Huggly

Post by Huggly » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:37 am

Emailed the trigger package.

Yes, both running latest 1.0.14.1.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Thanks, the file was a huge help that just clued me in to the bug that it probably at the root of most of the "hanging" issues when trying to share or download triggers.

The problem is that I'm not serializing the dates correctly in the XML file, so when you try to share your triggers, so if you try to share your package with someone with a different date format, it will choke (ie, your file has dd/mm/yyyy, but a standard U.S. install would be expecting mm/dd/yyyy, so it barfs when reading the file). You can probably share with no problems with someone in a country with the same date format, but will have issues with some dates with those in a country with a different date format.

Working on a fix this evening after raids are over.