exporting indiviual trigger

Huggly

exporting indiviual trigger

Post by Huggly » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:50 pm

One of the features I like about GTT is the ability to export an individual trigger to the clipboard, and then paste it into the EQ client where it can be sent to another person that has authorized you, either via a tell, or a regular channel.

I see the Quickshare feature of GINA, however this doesn't allow for any interoperability with GTT which would be a plus.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: exporting indiviual trigger

Post by Gimagukk » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:28 am

I'll work on adding this ability later this week to help folks who need to share triggers in-game with GTT users. Most trigger functionality should work okay, but there will be some caveats. Some that come to mind right away are:
  • Time Ending and Timer Ended notifications will not translate to GTT
  • Triggers with Regex expressions (other than the pseudo-tag {S}) will not work in GTT
  • The {C} will be tricky. It will be replaced with {S} during the export, but I often put the {C} tag in text/audio notifications even if the character name isn't actually in the search text (ie, when invis is dropping, I want to know which character it is dropping on, but the character's name isn't actually in the trigger text).
I will also add functionality for GINA to watch for triggers share using GTT's format, so that GINA users will have the ability to use triggers shared by GTT users in channels/tells.

Quick Share will provide the best experience for GINA users sharing triggers with other GINA users and works similar to how GTT works -- you click a trigger or trigger group, hit Share, and you're given a token that you can sell via tell or regular channel to other GINA users. The primary difference is that I opted use a web service to handle the transfer of the actual package so that I could include a whole event's triggers in a single batch without running into EQ's chat line length limitations or spamming multiple lines. Quick Share also includes any pre-recorded sound files you have set on the triggers you are sharing.

Huggly

Post by Huggly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:04 pm

It would be acceptable, I think, to just flat our refuse to export to GTT if the trigger wouldn't work in GTT. With some sort of a warning.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:17 pm

I did the first phase of this in the buid that I just released -- you can right-click and select Send to Clipboard -> GamTextTriggers Format.

Currently it is not doing any transformation or validation, and does not watch the log for triggers shared from GamTextTriggers users (these are the next phase).

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:08 pm

GINA can now receive GTT shares as of version 1.0.11.6. There is an option on the Settings -> Sharing screen to toggle this ability, which defaults to enabled.

I haven't worked on the transformation / validation when exporting from GINA to GTT yet, so the burden is still currently on you to make sure the search text, display text, etc. in your exported triggers are compatible with GTT (e.g., if you're using {C} or {S#} tags in the trigger, they're not going to work in GTT).

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Validation is now in. If you try to export a trigger that GTT does not support, you will now get an error message.

There are a couple scenarios where GINA will try to transform the trigger to conform to one that GTT can support:
  • If the {C} tag is used in the Search Text and the {S} has not been used, the {C} tag will be converted to the {S} tag.
  • If the {C} tag is used in any of the notifications (text, text to speech, timers), it will be converted to either the {S} tag (if a {C} was found in the Search Text and converted to the {S} tag) or the word "You" (if a {C} was not found in the Search Text).