New Feature: Log Search

Gimagukk
Site Admin

New Feature: Log Search

Post by Gimagukk » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:02 pm

I have added a new Log Search feature to GINA that allows you to specify a time frame to search and either (a) search for text or (b) show all triggers that match during that time. In the search results, if that line does not have a matching trigger, you can Add a new trigger and the matched text will be prefilled in the Search Text of the trigger. If the line does have a matching trigger, you can either click on the trigger name to bring up the trigger editor, or you can click a blue arrow icon to open the trigger in the editor and automatically update the search text with the full text that was matched in the log (useful if you originally entered only couple of words for the trigger's search text).

Brigog

Search function

Post by Brigog » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:20 pm

The "Search Log" is REALLY helpful however I wish there was a way to copy/paste/export the search results. Example being... if I wanted to check who failed to cleanse themselves of filth... I could search for <name> has failed to cleanse etc and then export with it saying "Brigog has failed to cleanse" was logged 2 times from date/time to date/time

Alot of really interesting copy/paste/export functions could be added if you have the time. I just mentioned the one.

Also adding an option to right click on the triggered text and be able to open new window showing the triggered text with +/- 10 lines before/after could be useful. If someone died you could do a search for "Brigog has been slain" and then see the few lines of copy before that happened in order to check how.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: New Feature: Log Search

Post by Gimagukk » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Brigog wrote:The "Search Log" is REALLY helpful however I wish there was a way to copy/paste/export the search results. Example being... if I wanted to check who failed to cleanse themselves of filth... I could search for <name> has failed to cleanse etc and then export with it saying "Brigog has failed to cleanse" was logged 2 times from date/time to date/time
I'll add the ability to export the matched lines similar to the Match Log on the main screen, but it will be a straight dump (ie, it won't do any analysis to count and roll up lines).
Brigog wrote:Also adding an option to right click on the triggered text and be able to open new window showing the triggered text with +/- 10 lines before/after could be useful. If someone died you could do a search for "Brigog has been slain" and then see the few lines of copy before that happened in order to check how.
In 1.0.13.2, I added the ability to right click on a search result and set the time period start / end to that time. The way that I use this is similar to what you are describing:
1) Search for "Brigog has been slain"
2) Right click on the "Logged Time" column for that entry and set both the start and end time to that time.
3) Click on the seconds in the start time above, and click the down arrow next to it to back it up a few seconds.
4) Clear the text in the "Specific Text" field so that all rows are returned and hit Search.

I may add a couple of shortcuts to the right-click (ie, "Show all lines for previous -> 10 seconds" which would do steps 2-4 for you) to make that easier.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: New Feature: Log Search

Post by Gimagukk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:17 pm

In 1.0.13.3, you can now copy log search results to the clipboard. Also, I added some quick search options if you right-click on the Logged Time of a search result -- you can use the View Next and View Last menu items to quickly set your start/end times, clear the search text, and run the search (ie, steps 2-4 in my post above).