GINA Lag

Sirene

GINA Lag

Post by Sirene » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:44 pm

Lately I've been having an issue where GINA starts to get behind compared to my EQ client. I'm not sure if the log file itself is writing slowly, or if I have too many GINA triggers, or if the GINA triggers I have are too long. I have all EQ filters turned on (for parsing). The lag only happens when I'm in a raid, and we are all piled up close to a boss - lots of swarm pets, and I can see everyone's casts and melee damage (so, a LOT of spam is going on). GINA won't crash, but instead everything becomes delayed, and gets progressively worse as the event goes on. After the event ends, I get a barrage of timer messages, emote warnings, and other GINA stuff that is finally being processed.

I've ensured my /loginterval is set to 0.
I now only enable trigger groups which are currently being used (only TDS raids, or only CotF raids).
I often box, but it still happens when I'm playing only one toon.

Anyone have ideas on how I can reduce/fix this? Or any information on which GINA operations are the most taxing? I could possibly look at my setup and see if I can shorten some of the more costly triggers.

Thanks for any input.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: GINA Lag

Post by Gimagukk » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:08 am

I have added a profiler tab (currently in the beta version) so that you can see which triggers are more intensive than others. You can now also restrict GINA to run on specific CPUs).