Different colour text in one overlay ?

Angahran

Different colour text in one overlay ?

Post by Angahran » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:39 am

Hi,
Gotta say thank you for the recent update that let us move the configuration file :)

Now, quick request.
Would it be possible (or is it currently possible) to set the colour of an individual trigger based on which logfile (or character name) has triggered it ?
I know I could simply copy all my triggers into a character specific group and create a new overlay for that group, but that seems like an awful lot of redundant work.

What I would like to be able to do is the following, as an example:
I have GINA monitoring two characters BillyBob and PeggySue.
I set up one trigger, "Mob X says {C} is going to die - DT incoming!"
It would be great if I could have that trigger appear in one colour for BillyBob and a completely different colour for PeggySue.

Basically, you could set a specific colour for each character and have that overwrite the default colour set on the overlay. So any character specific triggers would have their own colours and any general ones would use the overlay colour.

Thanks.

p.s. Thanks for activating my account, it seemed to be having problems sending me an email (I never recieved one) and the link to contact the admins wanted me to log in :P

Sirene

Re: Different colour text in one overlay ?

Post by Sirene » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:19 am

I'm gonna piggyback on this idea, since my request is very similar, hope that's okay. :mrgreen:

Not sure if it's possible, but I would really like to have a timer's color be associated with the timer itself, rather than the category.
I have a timer window for generic raid timers, that are all green.
Another for personal discs, that are blue.
Another for other's discs, that are red. etc.

It would be nice if all these timers could go to the same overlay - and still retain their unique color. That way my timers don't get as spread out all over the screen, but I can still somewhat easily differentiate between them.

It's an aesthetic thing only, so no big deal either way. Thanks as always for all the work you do for GINA, I love it. :D

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Not ignoring this one, but still working through a good solution that (a) upholds GINA's concept of "I want your triggers, but don't mess with my layout" when sharing between users and (b) isn't overly complicated to maintain.

Angahran

Post by Angahran » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:18 pm

Just a different thought on this.

Would it be possible to have triggers go to different overlays depending on which logfile ?
I know I could simply duplicate every trigger I have for each logfile but that seems like a really inefficient way to do it, not to mention being a pita to keep up to date.

Maybe in the Category Editor have an option to set specific logfiles ?
Or, just a thought, if you create a category that matches the charactername from a monitored logfile it uses that ?

Just ideas.

Thanks

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:38 pm

The newest beta version has an overhaul of how overlays and colors are determined for text and timer alerts. I will do a write up on it this weekend, but basically the Categories editor is now the place to specify which colors and overlays to use. The character editor allows you to specify default colors for a character, which can be used depending on the settings you select in the Categories editor.

I believe the new functionality addresses the requests you each had.