feature request - auto scrolling window on drag of trigger

Huggly

feature request - auto scrolling window on drag of trigger

Post by Huggly » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:44 am

When I imported my 175 triggers from GTT, I started trying to organize them. Because some of them don't have very good comments, I started with the oldest trigger that I could immediately recall which raid it was for. However, it ended up that this trigger was somewhere in the middle of the list. When I tried to drag it to another category, I couldn't get the interface to show the trigger I wanted to move, and the category I wanted to move to.

Suggesting that you have an auto-scroll function, so that if you try to drag above or below the trigger frame, the window will scroll in that direction. So you can view other categories, do drop the trigger onto.
Or, put a "Move to Category" as a right click. However, I'd prefer not to have the right click functionality get too busy.
Or, put in cut and paste functionality.

When you implement the multiselection of triggers, should apply to moving a block of triggers the same way.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: feature request - auto scrolling window on drag of trigg

Post by Gimagukk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:45 pm

I'm working on a control to replace the library section, so I'll keep this in mind.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:18 pm

I wrote a new tree control for the library section to support multi-selection and scrolling / expanding when dragging. I've done a fair amount of testing with it, but please let me know via the Bugs forum if you run into any issues with it.

Huggly

Post by Huggly » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:58 pm

Looks good, would like it to scroll a bit faster. Some programs have variable scroll speed based on how far from the control the mouse is, but I have no idea how hard that is to implement.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:00 pm

One trick that works in a lot of programs (including GINA) is to move the mouse left-to-right a little when you are scrolling. It causes the event that is used to scroll to be triggered more often.