Is this possible? Start a stopwatch when a timer ends?

PathToEternity

Is this possible? Start a stopwatch when a timer ends?

Post by PathToEternity » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:31 pm

I have one overlay that's dedicated to countdown timers on stuff I need to know when it will end (buffs, dots, etc.) and another overlay dedicated to stopwatch timers for things that have ended that clear when I re-do them, basically one functions as a list of all the stuff going on and the other functions as a to do list (that I can manually clear). I did something like this last time I played EQ and am getting everything set back up, and trying to take my GINA game to the next level this time.

Right now one of the things I'm tracking is how long until the Canni AA (3 minute cooldown) is ready, so it's easy to make a 3 minute timer with an ending soon/ending display popup to remind me to hit it when it's off cooldown. But what if I'm in the middle of a bunch of crap? I'd like a new stopwatch timer to start counting up in the other overlay so that next time I glance over there (where I'm trying to keep all that stuff) I remember to hit canni.

It seems like this isn't doable and what I may need to do is just start a stopwatch at the same time as the countdown, and just be mindful of when it ticks up over 3 minutes, but I'm wondering if someone knows some GINA magic I can work here to accomplish this. I think it would also be good to stretch my understanding of what's capable here.

Sirene

Re: Is this possible? Start a stopwatch when a timer ends?

Post by Sirene » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:26 pm

Not possible afaik, but would be a great feature request. :mrgreen:

Triggers which fire other triggers when they end.

Right now you can only start a trigger from something happening in your log file, aside from repeating timers. At least that's my understanding of it.

PathToEternity

Post by PathToEternity » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Thought this would be the answer. I noticed Gimagukk hasn't been on the forums in a long time - is development still active? Can this actually be requested somehow?

This also may just be too much of a niche case. I will play with some workarounds too and see what I can come up with.

Tuco

Post by Tuco » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:59 am

I registered on these boards to ask this very question.

There's a popular mod I used in WoW called auras that triggers on certain conditions to pop up an aura around your character. A gina equivalent would be what PathToEternity suggested, which is a bar that pops up and stays up until some condition is met. Ex:
Scarlet Cheetah Fang is Ready
Cannibalize Ready

I heavily rely on gina to know what the state of my box group is in. Gina allows me to centralize a lot of information instead of checking cooldowns on their bars.

Reht

Post by Reht » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:49 pm

Gima isn't currently actively developing, just maintaining.