Gate trigger

adetia

Gate trigger

Post by adetia » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:27 pm

As a raidleader, I like to know if someone is gating.

Search text:
{s} begins to cast a spell. <Gate>

I have regular expressions checked, I've tried turning Fast check off and on.
The issue i'm having is that its my largest/highest unmatched trigger time, almost always.

With Fast check on, it always wants the digest to be "begins" which is probably why it is so high unmatched - lots of messages will match that digest.
But I can't seem to find any way to force it onto "gate" even by using ()s.

Anybody have any ideas how i can optimize this trigger?

Eyashusa

Re: Gate trigger

Post by Eyashusa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:08 am

I fooled around with this for awhile, and I think the problem is that "Gate" is too small to be a Digest so it is checking every time someone casts a spell. Give this a try and see if it works better.

Search Text: <Gate
Use Regular Expressions was unchecked
Display Text: {L}

You can create a category for it also, to keep it separated from your other triggers, could also put it in a 10s countdown timer in a separate overlay.

Hopes this helps

Eya

adetia

Post by adetia » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:31 pm

will give that a try!
thanks for the suggestion - i'd totally forgotten about using L.

Claritydealer

Post by Claritydealer » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:06 pm

Search Text: ^{s} begins to cast a spell. <Gate>$

Make sure Regular Expression is checked if it isn't automatically.

I tend to make all my triggers regular expressions with ^ for start of line and $ for end of line in order to prevent false alarms or people maliciously triggering audio triggers like people would do with the old Vish AT 'You sense your doom approaching'.

Keep in mind that you may be missing triggers because of one of the following situations.

1) You are not in a group of 3 or more players. This is what is required to activate the old 'leadership AAs' which is what alot of this relies on.
2) Your raid doesn't have sufficient number of players to trigger raid leadership AAs.
3) You are out of range to detect the person casting the spell. It's not a huge range certainly less than max range for a heals or nukes to see spells cast. If the person runs like 300 units away and casts gate you'll never get a trigger.