sound issue

Huggly

sound issue

Post by Huggly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:27 am

I was helping a user tonight, set up GINA. We were unable to get sound out of GINA, even though I could see the levels moving in the mixer.

I looked at the sound options, and turns out the user had 7.1 surround sound. I changed it to stereo, and then sound started working.

I guess this is a bug? He was able to hear eq, and mumble sounds fine, through his headset, and speakers before I changed it to stereo, but GINA wouldn't output sound, until after I changed it to stereo.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: sound issue

Post by Gimagukk » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:05 am

My suspicion is that this is a sound configuration issue when he is in 7.1. SAPI TTS by default will attempt to play through the Center channel. Does he actually have all 7 speakers set up (center, front/side/rear left, and front/side/rear right)?

If this is Windows 7: In Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback tab, select the output he is using (ie, Speakers) and hit Configure. With "7.1 sound" is selected on the left, click on each of the 7 speaker icons on the right (particularly the Center speaker (top middle). Do they all play sound?

Huggly

Re: sound issue

Post by Huggly » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:31 pm

will ask him