Sharing connections

adetia

Sharing connections

Post by adetia » Mon May 07, 2012 3:18 pm

When I push out a gina code to share new triggers, etc, 99.99999% of the time these work flawlessly for everyone except one person in my guild.

Things I know:

When it "breaks" for him, the sharing service tries to connect, and parks at "Connecting to sharing..." and his only recourse is to shut down GINA and reopen.

I will then do assorted things like Try sharing one trigger versus a pack. Try sharing an event versus one. Try sharing in officer chat, raid, guild, tell, whatever.
Close my Gina and reopen.

At some random point in time, like last night I tried, no joke, to send him a single trigger about 40 times.... and then on the 41st, it worked.

Its the only person in the guild that has had this problem but it breaks more often then it works.
Where can we start to troubleshoot this one?

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: Sharing connections

Post by Gimagukk » Mon May 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Does he have any problems viewing the web site or these forums? Does he also have the same problem when trying to download from Gimagukk's Library?

Also, how technical is he? If he can install Fiddler, you can see the web service calls being made to my server. It may identify the issue he is having with the connection.

I've got some free time again next week, so I'll add more diagnostics and a timeout to the connection phase of the transfer when I'm working on a couple other features.

Ormus

Post by Ormus » Tue May 08, 2012 7:57 pm

No issues viewing the website / forums.
Never tried to DL from the library.
I have installed Fiddler

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Sat May 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Can you try downloading a package from the library (perhaps the Example triggers) to see if you have the problem with those?

Also, start up Fiddler and have someone send you a trigger package again (or use the library if you can recreate the same issue with it). You should see a row or two of calls to host eq.gimasoft.com. Are you getting any rows in red text?

If yes: Please click on the "Raw" button on the right side of the screen (about half way down the screen). If you see text saying "Response is encoded and may need to be decoded before inspection", click on that text to decompress the Raw data. Please send that Raw text to me in a PM.

Thanks!

Huggly

Post by Huggly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:25 pm

I can replicate this, if my network is busy. For example tonight, downloading 1GB of patches for a toon on a laptop I haven't played in about a year.
Same laptop downloading windows updates.
My son playing TF2 with voice chat on a different computer
My other son playing minecraft
My daughter watching a youtube video.

I'm on a 25Meg cable connection, with a pfsense firewall, that never burps, no matter how much data I push through it.

Trying to connect to Library, my system will freeze while connecting, or freeze downloading repository catalog, or freeze while partway through the download, of an object from the library.

I've had similar issues trying to share triggers with guildmates over the last week. Invariably, they have the lowest cost DSL service available in their area (read cheap=slow)

Huggly

Post by Huggly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Then again maybe I am off base.

Updates finished on laptop. Still having issues on main machine.

EDIT--Checked again, daughter still watching youtube
EDIT -- daughter still watching youtube. rebooted. Now everything is fine on main machine.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Adetia/Ormus -- I am guessing this is probably related to the date issue resolved now in 1.0.14.2. Please let me know if you are still have the issues with this version.