Sharing issue

adetia

Sharing issue

Post by adetia » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:57 am

I'm having my entire guild transfer over to GINA from GTT. We've found that when I share out trigger packs, that they do not always appear on the right side of the screen, but we have to close and restart the program and then voila, they are there.

When I share, I use the Right click on trigger -> Send to Clipboard -> Quickshare and send them the GINA code in game.

Also:

Most of my guild has an audio trigger for "Adetia tells you".
Likewise, as guild leader, I have a trigger for "tells you", so that i dont' miss any important tells particularly during loot.

These block imports from people as there is a conflict on triggers.
Is there a way to either process both triggers or work around this problem?

For example.

Daks tells you {GINA CODE} to send me the trigger.

What happens is "Daks tells you" trips the "tells you" trigger, and then doesn't do the import.
If I remove the "tells you trigger", the import comes in perfectly.

Is there a way to have both?

I ask because mostly people like having my tells triggered, but if they do, then when i send them codes, they do not work.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: Sharing issue

Post by Gimagukk » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:43 am

I will look into the not appearing issue.

I'll move the {GINA} detection to the top of the queue this weekend instead of the bottom, and let it fall through to the trigger detection after it processes the GINA command.

On a related note, I'm going to be adding a new priority setting to triggers, as well. GINA basically finds the first trigger match, and stops searching after that by design. I'm going to add the ability to set triggers higher or lower in the search order (using a lowest / lower / low / normal / high / higher / highest priority).

adetia

Post by adetia » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:41 pm

My only concern on that is that sometimes we want to use the same text to set off two different triggers --

like for example I might want to put a trigger for getting a cure, but also set up a trigger for paladins to splash.

is there a way for it to fire both?

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:17 pm

I have a couple of different ideas, but want to get clarification on what you mean first:

Are you saying that you want to get both the "get a cure" and "cast splash" messages back to back yourself? Or are you saying you want a non-paladin to get the "get cure" and paladins to get the "splash" message?

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:42 am

In 1.0.13.5, there is now an option in Settings to "Stop Searching Triggers After First Match", which is enabled by default. If you disable this flag, it will continue through the rest of the triggers after finding a match.

Also in 1.0.13.5, I moved the GINA command processing ahead of the trigger processing, so that should take care of the "tells you" trigger blocking the GINA commands.

I found an issue with the tree control that is probably related to your "not appearing" issue. It took a couple hours before I was able to figure out a sequence to reproduce it reliably, but the issue causes groups / triggers to move to other containers unexpectedly. I'll be looking at this with fresh eyes in the morning... I'm pretty sure there are a couple of Ak'Anon's finest in there screwing with me.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:27 am

In 1.0.13.6, I have fixed an issue that was causing groups and triggers to move to another group when they should not be. I'm not sure if this is going to turn out to be related to your issue or not. Can you let me know if you are still seeing that issue with this version?

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Actually, I was just able to recreate the issue you described. Working on that fix today.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Okay, the issue I believe you were seeing is fixed in 1.0.13.7, but let me know if you're still having the "not appearing" issue after upgrading to this version.

adetia

Post by adetia » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Using the newest version I just had a "gnome at work" moment.
Cleric trigger pack ended up moving itself into the Raid folder, and so I inadvertently sentthat to a few folks, oops!

adetia

Post by adetia » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:15 pm

love the stop after first match option, love the gina code superceding thing :)

all in all, love love love what your doing with this program.

i haven't had any further problem with triggers not appearing properly after sending, just that one random gnome moment.