Gina Crashing on startup

krushor

Gina Crashing on startup

Post by krushor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:17 pm

I just installed a clean windows 10 x64
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Gina.
I've deleted the store to get that to be clean.
Rebooted.

What is Gina Dependant on with windows ten?
Everything works beautifully on this computer.
Gamp parse
EQ
IS boxer.
Video via browser services like netflix hulu etc
Would be nice if there was something that listed the components that Gina was dependent on like dot net frame work etc. That way I could have figured this out on my own.

I cant even get the GUI to come up. This is the crash log.
Please help.

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at GimaSoft.Business.GINA.Configuration.set_ProcessorAffinity(Int64 value)
at GimaSoft.Business.GINA.Configuration.LoadFromXml(XmlElement element)
at GimaSoft.Business.GINA.Configuration.ProcessConfiguration(XmlDocument doc)
at GimaSoft.Business.GINA.Configuration.LoadConfiguration()
at GimaSoft.GINA.MainWindowViewModel.<get_MainWindowLoadedCommand>b__50(Object p)
at WPFShared.GenericCommand.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter)
at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Command.EventToCommand.Invoke(Object parameter)
at System.Windows.Interactivity.TriggerBase.InvokeActions(Object parameter)
at System.Windows.Interactivity.EventTriggerBase.OnEvent(EventArgs eventArgs)
at System.Windows.Interactivity.EventTriggerBase.OnEventImpl(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

Crash version: 1.0.24.3

krushor

Re: Gina Crashing on startup

Post by krushor » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:53 pm

Any ideas here guys?

summenz

Post by summenz » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:40 pm

I have the exact same error and have been chasing it down for months. The research leads me to believe that you have a newer machine that has more than 32 or more logical processors. I have 2 Windows 10 machines and only have this problem on one. The Intel I9-8950HK is a 6 core processor with 12 logical processes and GINA works fine. My I9-7980XE has 18 cores and 36 logical processors resulting in the same error you posted. It is my guess at this time that a new release would have to come out that replaces the int value with int64 allowing and that should resolve the issue.

krushor

Post by krushor » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:10 am

That makes sense.
My 32 logical proc machine crashes on start. 16 logical procs and below do not crash.

krushor

Post by krushor » Thu May 30, 2019 5:55 pm

I figured out a work around.
Gina does not like more than sixteen processors.
So i start Gina.exe via the command line with the start command and specify the number of processors.
c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 16 <path>/GINA.exe

You will find gina is a funky part of your directory structure.
C:\Users\johnm\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\YBG7R799.4OP\D4E83OV9.7TK\gina..tion_d03ba0016bff7a04_0001.0000_01c7bcb8e29f5572\GINA.exe

johnm is my username i use to login to my computer.
so yours would be what ever your user name is.
navigate to your appdata\local\apps\2.0\
then search for your gina.exe
the entirety of my command line to open gina with 16 processors is below. that is all one line.
c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 16 C:\Users\johnm\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\YBG7R799.4OP\D4E83OV9.7TK\gina..tion_d03ba0016bff7a04_0001.0000_01c7bcb8e29f5572\GINA.exe

krushor

Post by krushor » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:14 pm

Once you have gotten Gina started with the above method you can goto the performance tab and Select how many processors you want to use. Select sixteen only and you wont need to use that start command anymore!

summenz

Post by summenz » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:49 pm

Tested and worked. Appreciate the work around. The final path for me was: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 16 C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\HCNXZDB6.EZR\THVEEW2V.CA8\gina..tion_d03ba0016bff7a04_0001.0000_01c7bcb8e29f5572/GINA.exe