Gina Trigger Explosion

wbburden

Gina Trigger Explosion

Post by wbburden » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:04 am

I looked at the other reported issues but couldn't find anything like this one. Sometimes I can play all night without this happening. Sometimes it happens within the 1st hour of play. All of a sudden for no apparent reason, all of my triggers fire at once over and over. The text and timer overlays and the audio triggers fill/fire rapidly. This issue lasts for about 30 seconds then my screen is filled with many multiple overlays which begin to decay normally. The problem is that none of this is related to any single event on my end. The bars fill with the names of players in my group for my group triggers or just my character's name for my self only triggers. The fix is to kill Gina and restart it which causes me to loose all my countdowns etc.

One more thing I'd like to mention is that I have multiple characters setup in Gina and have folders setup for each. I only have the check boxes checked for the character I'm playing at the moment. When this issue occurs, triggers from other toons fire even though they aren't enabled for the active character.

I found the debug logging checkbox and will try to find the log file and upload it once this happens again. I'm also attaching a screenshot of what it looks like as it's happening. Thanks for any help you can provide. I LOVE this program and only wish I'd discovered it 15 year ago.
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (35.36 KiB) Viewed 19134 times
Last edited by wbburden on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wbburden

Re: Gina Trigger Explosion

Post by wbburden » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Did it again last night. See attached screenshot. We were in FV when this happened and triggers show Tesch Mal Gnolls as the affected mobs. Somehow it pulled that from old log entries from when I'd been in Split Paw.
Attachments
error2.jpg
error2.jpg (72.11 KiB) Viewed 19135 times

wbburden

Re: Gina Trigger Explosion

Post by wbburden » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:49 pm

I figured this out. Something was corrupted in the configuration. I deleted all my triggers then re-created and haven't seen this problem since.