Temporary Workaround for Date Format Issue

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Temporary Workaround for Date Format Issue

Post by Gimagukk » Wed May 02, 2018 11:32 pm

I'm working on reinstalling my dev environment so that I can release a fix for this, but it likely won't be until this weekend. The fix itself is easy, but I haven't reinstalled my source control repository and dev tools since converting my home lab to a VM environment. There is a workaround for the brave since the code actually does attempt to read the regex for the EQ log line format from a config file if it exists, but it's the actual application config file and not the normal GINA config file where triggers are stored. Here are the steps if anyone is anxious:

1) Locate your GINA.exe.config file. The easiest way to find the file is to right-click on the GINA application in Task Manager, and choose "Open File Location". This will open a folder which contains the GINA.exe and GINA.exe.config files (among others).
2) Shut down GINA.
3) BACK UP YOUR GINA.exe.config FILE BEFORE PROCEEDING TO STEP 4 so you can roll back if something goes horribly wrong.
4) Replace the GINA.exe.config file with the file attached to this post (remove the .txt extension from the attached file when saving it).
Attachments
GINA.exe.config.txt
GINA config file for date issue
(2.86 KiB) Downloaded 3636 times

Drakaz

Re: Temporary Workaround for Date Format Issue

Post by Drakaz » Thu May 03, 2018 12:20 am

Thank you SOOO much Gima! :)
Check your email please. I have an issue trying to get my main account verified. Not getting activation email. Thanks again!
Regards,

Drakah (Drakaz)

waringmcmarrin

Post by waringmcmarrin » Thu May 03, 2018 8:28 am

Thank you so much for the work on a fix for this issue!

adetia

Post by adetia » Thu May 03, 2018 11:12 am

Ty!

Caroo

Post by Caroo » Thu May 03, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks for working on it, we love your powerful tool.

P.S.: If by accident, while the source is reinstalled, you add a function to copy a trigger, we love it even more ;-) *wave*

Kianara

Post by Kianara » Fri May 04, 2018 4:54 pm

I've tried this workaround, and it doesn't work for me (nor did it work for multiple people in my guild on CT). Atm, the only "workaround" we've been able to make work is changing the PC date to 5/11.

Metanis

Post by Metanis » Fri May 04, 2018 5:43 pm

Kianara wrote:I've tried this workaround, and it doesn't work for me (nor did it work for multiple people in my guild on CT). Atm, the only "workaround" we've been able to make work is changing the PC date to 5/11.
I used the temp fix last night on both mine and my wife's computers and it worked fine. However there are a number of potential problems getting the fix to work. One of the more likely scenarios is that your PC hides file extensions so that you were not able to delete the TXT extension. Another possibility is that GINA was still running so the file was in-use and not able to copied over top of. And finally, there could be multiple GINA subfolders and the incorrect one chosen to modify.

Drakang

Post by Drakang » Fri May 04, 2018 10:00 pm

Yeah tried this file with no luck but moving the date ahead a week did work.

Caducus

Post by Caducus » Sun May 06, 2018 4:41 pm

The updated regex worked for me for a day or two, but now GINA won't launch (the process shows up in task manager briefly, then disappears). No crash log that I can find.

Foregotten1

Post by Foregotten1 » Mon May 07, 2018 2:38 pm

This worked perfect for me. Been up and running for a few days now. To make things a little easier for future things I made a desktop shortcut from the GINA folder, instead of the other one that is default.