Lost profiles

Deloehne

Lost profiles

Post by Deloehne » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:23 am

I had about a dozen different characters set up until a little while ago, when I loaded GINA to do some log searches and all but my main character profile disappeared. I just recently updated (autoupdate) to v 1.0.22.3

- I had been on during the day 8/25 and all profiles were present and three of them, in addition to my main character were being monitored.
- I had been on earlier in the night, but on a different day (Pacific time player, raids are 4- 6:30 PM Eastern, it is now after midnight). At some point before raids began I switched off the three other characters that were being monitored.
- I recently changed the log archiving to be every day. This has been working for the past week or so.
- When I loaded GINA in the last 10 mins or so I got a message telling me that my log file could not be found. Only my main char profile was on the list.
- I closed GINA and loaded EQ and my main character, and reloaded GINA. Still only the one character.
- The triggers seem intact from what I can see quickly.

If it helps, C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\GimaSoft\GINA has a number of config files including these three that seem to be of highest interst:

GINAConfig.lkg dated 8/26/2015 12:13AM with a file size of 2770KB
GINAConfig same date, but 3 minutes later, same file size
GINAConfig_1.0.21.3 dated 8/21/2015 07:59AM with a file size of 2764 KB

There is also a crash log from 45 mins later on the 21st, but the other profiles have been visible, and some of them active, for the past several days so it does not seem relevant.

I recently converted to Win 10. My system is pretty standard - Intel i7 CPU 960 @ 3.2 GHz, 12 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760. Video drivers were as of 8/13/2015.

Is it as simple as backing up my current GINAConfig file and replacing it with the 1.0.21.3 version?

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: Lost profiles

Post by Gimagukk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Yes, you can overwrite GINAConfig.xml with the GINAConfig_1.0.21.3.xml file that was backed up when the application was updated. Can you keep copies of both files? I may ask you to send them to me if it happens again after you overwrite the file. I doubt this is a file corruption issue since the entire file would fail to load if that were the case, so I am interested in what caused some characters not to be written or read from the config file.