Crashing 1.0.22.3

Jyous

Crashing 1.0.22.3

Post by Jyous » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:10 pm

GINA has been crashing on me since 8/22. I think it started when I upgraded to 1.0.22.x.

Error log is

Code: Select all

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.String.Split(String[] separator, Int32 count, StringSplitOptions options)
   at System.String.Split(String[] separator, StringSplitOptions options)
   at GimaSoft.Business.GINA.GINACharacter.ProcessText(String txt)
   at GimaSoft.Business.GINA.GINACharacter.LogFileWatcher_Changed(Object sender, FileSystemEventArgs e)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnChanged(FileSystemEventArgs e)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32 action, String name)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

Crash version: 1.0.22.3
Windows 8.1

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: Crashing 1.0.22.3

Post by Gimagukk » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:51 pm

I've seen this one come through my error reports a few times, but I have never reproduced it locally. I have some thoughts on how to fix it, but if you can help with the following questions, it would be appreciated:

1) What version of Windows are you running?
2) How much RAM does your computer have?
3) Is there a high volume of data being written to your log when this happens (e.g., are you on a raid with most filters turned off)?
4) Are you using any special setup for your log files (e.g., mklink'd folder to a RAM disk)?

Jyous

Post by Jyous » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:36 am

1) Windows 8.1
2) 16 GB
3) no, when it first happened I was in an empty zone, killing for hunter, then I couldn't get it to run any longer than a minute or two, usually not even that. I usually tried to send off the crash report with the popup window.
4) no special setup for the log files, default eq directory

I just attempted to use it again and this time I got the update for 1.0.22.4, updated it and now its been running for ten minutes, so maybe my issue is resolved, even if not identified.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:31 pm

The newest beta version (1.0.22.5) has a change to the way the log file is processed to correct this issue.