Is GimaLink supposed to share sound files?

Zunnoab

Is GimaLink supposed to share sound files?

Post by Zunnoab » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:05 am

I noticed there's an ImportedMediaFiles folder in GINA's %appdata% folder and the information at this link mentions sharing audio so am I doing something wrong or does sharing audio files not work?

In this instance, I'm trying to share a trigger that plays a short relatively quiet and unintrusive tone when someone is hit by single target rampage. Text to speech isn't really an option since it would be obnoxious and interfere with more important information.

Is this supposed to share audio files? Is this just me or is something broken if it is supposed to? The shared triggers strip out the audio file reference entirely as far as I can tell, including in .gtp files I create. Thanks very much for making this awesome program and sharing service, and sorry if I'm missing something here.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: Is GimaLink supposed to share sound files?

Post by Gimagukk » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:28 pm

I'll take a look at it this week. GINA is designed to share the audio files (no size limits for the .gtp files, but there is a size limit when sharing through my web service).

Zunnoab

Post by Zunnoab » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Thanks!

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Thanks for reporting this one. Evidently I broke this back in 2012 when I was streamlining how packages get generated and missed a line. It is fixed in beta version 1.0.22.2.

Zunnoab

Post by Zunnoab » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Thanks very much! I'm surprised others didn't notice because audio independent of text to speech offers all kinds of possibilities that do not conflict, such as if you are hit by rampage or break mezz. Granted it took me several years to notice.

Deloehne

Post by Deloehne » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:00 pm

Gimagukk wrote:but there is a size limit when sharing through my web service).
Can you recall what that size limit is? We were having trouble sharing a file the other night. The .gtp is 117Kb.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Around 300k. If you hit it, the client will tell you that your upload is too large. Was the person who was sharing the triggers using the most current client (1.0.22.3 live client)? I just verified that I was able to share and merge triggers with sound files.

Also, I just noticed that I implemented the downloading of sound files poorly -- every time you receive a package it creates a new subfolder to store the sound files in, to prevent clashes between packages shared by different people which include sound files of the same name (but different content). I'm working on cleaning that up right now so it doesn't create extra copies of the sound files unless an existing file with the same name doesn't match the one being downloaded.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:33 pm

The beta version has the enhancement to only keep a single copy of imported media files.

Lenriani

Post by Lenriani » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:17 pm

I was trying to send a couple triggers i had made that had a sound file at the end of a timer, and none of the sound files shared. Same sound file, same trigger, but move it to before the timer (which isn't what i had wanted it to do) had sent fine. I am assuming this is a bug as well?

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:43 pm

This was indeed a bug which has been corrected in the new version.