Data Restoration?

PathToEternity

Data Restoration?

Post by PathToEternity » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:21 am

My PC locked up on me last night while playing EQ and I had to hard reboot it to get it restarted. A couple things I was using at the time seemed to be corrupted when I got back into Windows, so I rebooted helped but didn't fix GINA. On the second reboot some Windows Updates also installed, which I think may have added a second layer of issues here.

I began getting issues when trying to either run GINA or re-install it stating that the publisher had been blocked. I think I've gotten that squared away (but tried so many different things I'm not sure if it was the final one or a combination of several), but I lost my triggers during this process. A good chunk of them I had recent backups of from making them publicly available, but I've lost a bunch of triggers that I was still working on or had collected from others over the years.

Is there any way to restore those triggers from some kind of raw data files somewhere? I do daily system backups with Veeam and have a few days worth of available snapshops that I can get into, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

Also, when I was finally able to get GINA to open again, the first time it told me the application could not receive updates. Subsequent launches seem to be checking for updates just fine, so I'm hoping that's a fluke, but it was mildly concerning.

HSishi

Re: Data Restoration?

Post by HSishi » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:58 am

The settings file GINAConfig.xml gets backupped each run to the file GINAConfig.lkg.

You'll find both files in %LOCALAPPDATA%\GimaSoft\GINA .