doubling triggers since 1.0.16.0 patch

Sirene

doubling triggers since 1.0.16.0 patch

Post by Sirene » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Since the recent update, I've been having a fair amount of triggers go off twice.

Not all of them do, but some of them. I'm having trouble narrowing down exactly what causes it.

For example, I have a trigger that plays the tell.wav sound file on [tells you, ']. Remaking the trigger, restarting GINA and removing all display text / play sound does not change anything - it still triggers twice every time I get a tell.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: doubling triggers since 1.0.16.0 patch

Post by Gimagukk » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:25 pm

I am not able to recreate this yet, so a few questions:

Does the trigger show twice in the Match Log (at the bottom of the main screen, if you have the "Display Match Log" option in Settings selected)?

If so, when you hover over the trigger name in the Match Log, does the same Trigger Path appear for both lines?

Does it only happen with .wav file triggers, or any trigger?

Sirene

Post by Sirene » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:01 pm

To answer your questions, yes - the trigger shows twice in the Match Log, both matches have the same source.
Duplicates occur on triggers with display text, timer, .wav, or no output at all.

I think I fixed it, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll try to explain what I think the problem was anyway.

This issue only occurs for triggers that are in a trigger category [Common, in my picture], and have another sub-trigger category above them [Named Emotes].

ex:

I boxed in red an example of the tells duplicating.

I don't really understand how I fixed it, as I deleted and remade the triggers earlier with no success. It may have had something to do with disabling and re-enabling the trigger group.

Someone in the serverwide bard channel was having the same issue.

I'll post an update if it happens again.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:17 am

I suspect it had nothing to do with your triggers, but was probably a bug that occurred when it re-evaluated which trigger groups should enabled for each character (which it does whenever a group is enabled or disabled for a character). I'm thinking that for some reason two references to one of the groups was created, which caused the triggers in that group to be evaluated twice.

That's my theory, but I haven't been able to recreate it yet to prove it out.

Vanrau

Post by Vanrau » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:45 pm

I had the doubles happens to me as well. I had imported triggers from GTT. It created a group for all those triggers but looking at each trigger it shows another group which I had created but had no triggers for.

Hope this helps. I fixed those triggers by moving them to another group out of the GTT group.