Timer End Early

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
Tmon

Timer End Early

Post by Tmon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:34 pm

I am new to GINA, having used GTT previously, and I love your GINA program. I wish all of my fellow raiders would also use GINA, it wouuld make sharing triggers a lot easier, but most don’t understand the enhanced features offered by GINA and seem to think GINA is only necessary if you multi-box characters. In any case, I continue to evangelize GINA’s benefits.

I have a question that I don't know if it's a bug, feature request, etc. I have a trigger setup with Display Text and an associated Display Timer. It's for the VoA Resplendent Temple raid in the East tower that tells you to jump out the window to make a sacrifice. If you successfully respond to the trigger (e.g., you jump out the window) there is a subsequent success message telling you that your sacrifice was successful.

In the trigger editor, under the Timer sub-tab, I added success message text to the End Early Text option. The trigger fires properly (e.g., the Display Text displays properly and the Timer fires properly). If I correctly respond to the warming before the timer runs out (e.g., I jump out the window), the End Early Text is properly parsed and the timer is removed from the screen before the timer finishes. However, the Display Text remains on the screen, even after the timer has been removed, for a period of time before disappearing.

Since the "End Early Text" is being properly intercepted and the timer is being properly erased from the screen before completing, shouldn’t the original Display Text also be "early erased"?

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: Timer End Early

Post by Gimagukk » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:59 am

The message sent to the text window is a separate notification that the timer notification. Text windows do have their own configurable setting for how long to display text, but that is unrelated to trigger timers.

For example, take a trigger with display text, text to speech, and timer notifications for a proc that refreshes its timer when it fires (such as berserker Steel Frenzy which renews itself for another 24+ seconds when it goes off). You will hear the text to speech and receive a line of text every time it goes off. Assuming the timer is set to Restart, it will restart the single timer line on each refresh so you only have a single timer. So, if the proc fires off 5 times in 10 seconds, you'll have 5 text and audible alerts, and a single timer showing the time remaining on the buff.

Tmon

Re: Timer End Early

Post by Tmon » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Gimagukk thank you for the explanation. It has given me a better understanding of GINA.

Based on your explanation, I hope you would consider adding an "End Early Text" feature to the Basic sub-tab of the Trigger Editor or maybe a check box on the Timer sub-tab that would apply the End Early Text trigger to the notifications configured on the Basic sub-tab. The purpose would be, subject to the End Early Text trigger, to erase the Display Text notification before the timer for that particular notification ends.