Feature Request

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
Brigog

Feature Request

Post by Brigog » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:04 am

First off I just wanted to let you know that GINA is a really nice app however there are a few basic features that would vastly improve its functionality:

1. Allow people to CTRL + Click multiple items in the list of triggers to drag this easier or in case they need to export multiple folders/triggers at the same time.

2. Add in right click menus for the trigger area so you dont need to always click buttons up top. Ex: if I right click on a folder I might get options like copy/cut/remove/share

Edit: noticed updated version has right click menus however please add cut option so you can select one or more triggers, click cut... then paste them somewhere else.

3. Create an option to send triggers to other in game for GTT. While your program is nice some people find it hard to switch. You already were kind enough to add the options in to import/export GTT. A sent to EQ GTT would be nice in the shared area.

4. Make an easy way to turn on/off certain triggers. I have a few triggers that do different things for different events. It would be nice to be able to turn them on/off easily. Perhaps you could also make the folder/triggers red or green based on if its active or not.

5. Allow people to copy events from log area at the bottom.

6. Allow users to decide where to install GINA

7. Create a crash log on client side so players can submit bug reports. (currently seeing GINA crash while sorting out new triggers)

8. This would be HUGE however it might be hard to implement. Create a new trigger option that instead of giving users the info it can track for failed emotes. Obviously this would take some work but the information it would provide would be awesome!.

Anyhow, this is just my feedback from what I have seen

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:36 am

1. I'll add this to my list.

2. Version 1.0.11.5 (released yesterday evening) now has context menus in the triger area.

3. See the "Send to Clipboard" options on the right-click menu (Version 1.0.11.5).

4. GINA supports this at the Trigger Group level. If you click on a character on the left (or hold down the Ctrl key and click on multiple characters), you will see checkboxes appear next to the Trigger Groups to enable and disable them by character. This lets you do things like enable class-specific groups for each of your toons, disable (but not delete) sets of triggers for old raid content, or disable raid triggers for non-raiding alt toons.

5. I'll add this to my list.

6. I'll look at doing a standalone package in the future. The current infrastructure (Microsoft's ClickOnce) gives me the ability to auto-update the app with no effort on my part, and doesn't require the user to have administrative permissions to install. (Note that the config file is stored in a consistent location that you can see on the Settings page.)

7. I'll add this to my list. If you feel like emailing me a set of triggers that are causing the crash, I can look at those as well.

8. Can you provide more detail/explanation on this item?

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:58 am

For #1, you probably already know this, but just in case --

If you click on a trigger group and Export or Quick Share it, it will include all triggers and trigger groups under it. If you have a trigger group called "Raids" which contains trigger groups for each expansion, each of which contains trigger groups for each event in that expansion, you can export or Quick Share a whole expansion at once by clicking on the expansion's trigger group and doing Quick Share or Export.

What you can't do right now is select just a couple of the events from the expansion in a single export/share; that's what I am adding to my list to support.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:21 am

Would you mind posting some more detail in the bug report forum regarding the crashing you referenced in #7? Is it happebing when the application starts? Were the triggers imported from another source or manually entered?

Brigog

Post by Brigog » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:38 am

In regards to #8

There are many events in VoA that have emotes that affect 1 or more people. Generally in most cases there is a follow up emote of a player failing to complete this emote. It would be nice if their was a separate log area which could track this.

Example: VoA T3 Temple

Request Emote: Vision of Splendor shouts 'Player1, Player2, and Player3: Cleanse yourselves of the filth that clings to your souls!'
Fail Emote: Vision of Splendor shouts 'Player2 is still covered in filth!'

This is one example however there are many like it thought the expansion. It would be good to track these failures to be able to better aside the people failing :P. Obviously I can create a normal AT that would detect this such as "Vision of Splendor shouts '{s} is still covered in filth!' however it would be awesome if you could set it up like this:

Failure AT Creation:

Trigger Name: <Whatever you wanna name it> VoA: Tier 3 - Resplendent Temple

Trigger Request: <Trigger player is asking to complete> Vision of Splendor shouts 'Player1, Player2, and Player3: Cleanse yourselves of the filth that clings to your souls!'

Search Text: <Failure Line> Vision of Splendor shouts 'Player2 is still covered in filth!'

Category: <here you could make it so it would list the names in an overlay with a number next to the amount of times failed to track live>

At the bottom GINA you could put a tab on top of the current trigger log for triggers/failures so that players could perhaps copy paste this to forums or adjust dkp accordingly.

The only difficult part is you would probally need to make it so that GINA has multiple variables like {s} so that you could place it in place of the names. Perhaps you could do {f1} {f2} {f3} (I dont believe any emote that requests people to do anything has more then 4-5 unless it requests the entire raid at which point you dont need the variables)

Brigog

Post by Brigog » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Someone in my guild just asked me if its possible for GINA to receive AT's in game via the GTT/tell method. That would be a good feature as well if its not already in place.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: #8:

I believe counting the number of post-matches for a trigger is probably out of scope for what GINA is designed to do. However, I'm thinking of adding an option to have the match log write itself to an actual log file (in addition to the clipboard request), so you would be able to review that as needed.

Also, you can create a new text overlay (ie, "Failure Text"), set up a new category (ie, "Failures") in the category editor with the Text Overlay set to "Failure Text", and then set the Category on your "failure" trigger to "Failures". This will cause all of the text to go to the Failures overlay, which you can place on another screen, make fonts small, set long fade timers, etc. separately from the text overlay you're using for all of your raid emote alerts.
Brigog wrote:The only difficult part is you would probally need to make it so that GINA has multiple variables like {s} so that you could place it in place of the names. Perhaps you could do {f1} {f2} {f3} (I dont believe any emote that requests people to do anything has more then 4-5 unless it requests the entire raid at which point you dont need the variables)
I added support for {S#} tags last week in response to one of Huggly's requests, so you can use {S1}, {S2}, {S20}, etc. in GINA triggers now. You can also use Regex group name functionality in Regex-enabled triggers. I will be working on an web doc to better explain the Regex and GINA pseudo-Regex functionality soon.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Brigog wrote:Someone in my guild just asked me if its possible for GINA to receive AT's in game via the GTT/tell method. That would be a good feature as well if its not already in place.
Between GINA users, you can use Quick Share to send a trigger or whole trigger group via a tell. Right-click on a trigger or trigger group, and select
Send To Clipboard -> Quick Share. This will place a GINA token on your clipboard, which you can then paste into a tell to another GINA user. Using this method allows you to share a whole group (including all of its subgroups) at once.

I am also currently working on the ability to receive triggers sent via tell from GTT users (see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4).

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:50 pm

#5 (copy ability on the match log) is now supported in version 1.0.11.9. In the displayed match log, you can Copy selected entries (Ctrl-C or right-click -> Copy) or "Copy as HTML" for selected entries (right-click -> Copy as HTML).

In addition, you can have all matches written to a tab-delimited log file by enabling the "Log Matches to File" option in the Settings window and selecting a file to which to write the entries.

Brigog

Post by Brigog » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:13 am

Nice updates, still cant wait for the ability to CTRL + Click multiple items in order to move/export groups at a time. Also SHIFT + Click would be nice too. ^^