Feature Request: Private Repository

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
adetia

Feature Request: Private Repository

Post by adetia » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Would there be some way for a guild to maintain a private respository that folks could connect into to pull down trigger packs?
random thought....

Like I could host a respository on my web server for my guild, that if they could somehow connect in using GINA with a user/pw... just thinking out loud.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Private Repository

Post by Gimagukk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:28 pm

I'll consider this one; I want to think it through some more. I'm working on getting certificates to sign my code and enable SSL on the web services, so the earliest I would implement it would be after that is completed. In the meantime, you can export triggers to a GINA Package File, which can be posted on guild forums for members to download and import. Of course, it's not quite as convenient as just clicking a button and getting a library list.

On a related note, if you have any trigger sets that you feel the EQ community at large would be interested, feel free to email them to me at library@gimasoft.com and I'll get them uploaded to Gimagukk's Library. I fully understand triggers are part of a competitive edge in new content, and that some triggers are tailored specifically to how a guild operates, but if you have any that you'd feel comfortable sharing (older content, class-specific stuff, etc), I'd love to get more into the library.

Brigog

Post by Brigog » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:13 pm

I think a better/easier approach would be for him to create an option for guilds to put in their own domain name and have them save to there. That way guilds could set a folder such as http://www.guildname.com/gina and then you would simply copy/paste that url into the settings. This would allow guilds to set a login to protect their triggers via FTP etc.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:53 pm

It will be more like what Adetia was thinking if I implement such a feature. I don't want to be in a position where I have to support questions about why GINA isn't able to connect to random guild servers, and an FTP experience would not provide the user experience I would want from such a feature.