GINA xml file keeps corrupting

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
sarirnia

GINA xml file keeps corrupting

Post by sarirnia » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Randomly my entire GINA package has corrupted, twice now. I remade the entire thing again and it worked for a week and now its gone bad again and I have lost all my triggers, It's a massive pain to have to remake hundreds of triggers, is there any reason why it would randomly decided to not load the xml file?
It worked two days ago, logged in today started it got failed to load file and back to zero triggers >< so annoying

HSishi

Re: GINA xml file keeps corrupting

Post by HSishi » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:45 pm

From what I know GINA backups its Config file with all triggers when upgrading to a newer version. Unfortunately (well, for you with your particular problem) those updates don't happen very often.

You could try to setup some kind of automated backup of said config file. When GINA messes it up you can simply delete the current one and copy an older one into the settings folder. It's a dirty working work-around, though, but will help.

Reht

Re: GINA xml file keeps corrupting

Post by Reht » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Not sure why it's doing that. It won't solve your root problem, but If i were you, i would export your entire trigger package and store it as a back up somewhere. Then you can re-import them as needed.