timers question

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
Huggly

timers question

Post by Huggly » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:40 pm

With the timer bar, it seems to normalize each timer, based on the longest running timer.

So, I have a timer for Champ aura, which is 30 minutes, if a short timer goes off, the active part is only a tiny part of the that timer bar. I end up having to read the timer, rather than just get a visual indicator of how long is remaining on the timer.

Is there something that I am missing in the timer overlay setup? Or should I report this as a bug/feature request?

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: timers question

Post by Gimagukk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:37 pm

This is an option on the Timer Overlay window. Go to the "Overlays" ribbon tab (top of the screen) and click on the timer overlay that you wish to change. Uncheck the "Standardize Timer Bars" setting, and you will get the behavior you are looking for.

I usually have all of my re-use timers in an overlay sitting on a second monitor with this option checked so that I know which discs I have on deck for the next fight, and a smaller timer overlay on my main window for burn timers to know how long I have left on each running disc / AA.

Huggly

Post by Huggly » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Second monitor, sigh. If only I had the room to set one up. There is already 5 monitors on my desk. I'm an IT networking guy.

Huggly

Post by Huggly » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:12 pm

ok, set up another monitor. Finally a use for all those old phone books.

This makes sense, thanks for the input.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Haha, nice!