Feature Request: Zone Specific Triggers

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
Eyashusa

Feature Request: Zone Specific Triggers

Post by Eyashusa » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:39 am

First off I wanted to say Thank You for all the effort you have put into this program.

Usually the first tell I get after someone gets my triggers is "OMG so many triggers!" What can I say other than the fact that I seem to have a trigger problem. I have basically been writing triggers to cover all areas of game play and doubt that I would be able to play without them now.

I recently started using the performance tab to modify triggers I have to try and make them as efficient as possible. I have had a good amount of success doing this but still have tons of triggers that are being checked that have 0 percent chance of matching most of the time. For example Raid Triggers are so specific that unless you are actually doing the Raid the odds of them triggering are pretty much 0. Now I know they can be turned off, but I also have many other triggers that fall into the same category.

There is no way to enter an EQ Zone without getting the msg

You have entered {S3}

Is there a way to place a zone Name In a Trigger Group so that those Triggers are just skipped over if not in the zone?

Maybe by using a global variable that updates as you move zone to zone? I know of one item that would need to be excluded, but other than that, I think this might be feasible?

You have entered an area where levitation effects do not function.

Thanks

Eya

adetia

Re: Feature Request: Zone Specific Triggers

Post by adetia » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:17 pm

i'm trying to determine the best way to get usage out of the performance tab to help improve the zillion triggers we have as a guild.. do you have any tips?