Using Tell to Self

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
dekova

Using Tell to Self

Post by dekova » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:34 am

I play on Project 1999 if that makes a difference.

I'd like to be able to add/clear triggers by sending myself a tell or another mechanism that doesn't spam everyone in the group. I'm trying to send a tell using the standard /tell <myusername> but get the "talking to yourself again" message.

Is there a way on Project1999 to send yourself a tell or trigger a log entry that won't get picked up by everyone in group?

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: Using Tell to Self

Post by Gimagukk » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:46 am

I'm not sure if this works the same way on Project 1999, but I use ;tell gimagukk (instead of /tell gimagukk) on the regular servers to send myself a tell for GINA triggers/commands.

dekova

Post by dekova » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:29 pm

I've tried it and it doesn't work on the Project 1999 server. Guessing it was intentionally disabled (although GINA is specifically allowed).

Thanks for the response though!

Franswa

Post by Franswa » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:39 am

Hey pal. I had this same problem for a while as well.

What I do is i use /ignore.

For example you can make a macro that says /ignore {GINA:stop} if you want to have an in game way of resetting timers.

HSishi

Post by HSishi » Thu May 19, 2016 2:20 pm

";tell ..." and "[tell ..." are special commands used by DBG's UniversalChat Server with which you can contact people even in other DBG games. Incoming tells via UChat are shown as "(someone) told you" instead of "(someone) tells you".

Project99 is not connected to DBG's UChat systems so neither ;tell nor [tell will work on their server(s).