Upgraded to Windows 10 - Lost all my Triggers

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
trilo

Upgraded to Windows 10 - Lost all my Triggers

Post by trilo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Good day!
I just very recently upgraded my Windows 7 PC to the new Windows 10.
Unfortunately immediately upon completion, once I started up Gina to see if it would even function, it said it could not find anything and loaded a clean new screen without any names, so it appears I have to rebuild everything from scratch.

Unless of course I have simply missed something as to how to reattach all my characters' triggers? (If they even still exist now)
It has now been approx 24 hours since I started Gina last night.
I tried adding my main toon name, but that simply added a new single entry, so atm I have lost all reference to my 4 or 5 toons fairly extensive library of triggers.

Am I really stuck rebuilding all these from scratch? Or is there a config file with all those triggers residing somewhere obscure that I can simply drop into the correct folder and reattach to?

Trilo

HSishi

Re: Upgraded to Windows 10 - Lost all my Triggers

Post by HSishi » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Search for a file named "GINAConfig.xml". In Win7 it resides at C:\Users\{your_username}\AppData\Local\GimaSoft\GINA .

Zunnoab

Post by Zunnoab » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:46 am

Also see if you have a folder called Windows.old, depending on how you upgraded you may find your old GINA folder in there.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Also, in the Settings window, you can specify a folder where GINAConfig.xml and other GINA-related files (crash logs, last known good load files, etc.) should be stored instead of the default location.

Rrowzing

Post by Rrowzing » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:29 am

Worst comes to worst, here is my full set of triggers which should go a long way to kick starting you back up!

https://app.box.com/s/hfsw919r5zpurj4fyr81x9cz400pw736

HSishi

Post by HSishi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:46 pm

Trilo, I forgot to mention you should find two files "GINAConfig.xml" - one GINA currently uses (with almost empty triggers) and the old, pre-W10-installation, one. The "Last changed" date should tell you which one has the old triggers - the size, of course, too ;) .