DoT Tracking for Multiple Mobs

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
j_s_

DoT Tracking for Multiple Mobs

Post by j_s_ » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:43 pm

Hey guys!

I just discovered this awesome add-on. It is very handy; thank you Gimagukk! :)

I do have a question, though. I have DoT tracking with one mob down pat, but when I throw more than one mob into the mix, I do not know how to go about telling GINA how to handle tracking the second mob. I am wanting to track dots on multiple mobs because I am kiting.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

EDIT: I guess it would also help if I stated what I am trying to achieve, which is, say, if I'm kiting 2 mobs, then I would have 2 sets of timers that would indicate (if possible?) which mob is for which set of timers.

j_s_

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Re: DoT Tracking for Multiple Mobs

Post by Gimagukk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Can you provide a sample of the text that would be used to start the timer? A necro player can probably give you some better tips about how they use GINA, but I can give you an example to get you started.

j_s_

Post by j_s_ » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:37 pm

The triggers I am using are the flavor texts that the DoTs have (Dread Pyre, for example: Cast on other: Soandso 's body is consumed in a burning pyre of blood.)

That starts the timer, as it signifies when the DoT lands on the target. The timer starts for the length of the DoT (Dread Pyre = 30 seconds). At 7 seconds, I have it remind me to refresh the DoT. When the DoT wears off, it lets me know, too.

I have that perfectly set up for all of my DoTs. The problem occurs when I am kiting more than 1 mob. Dread Pyre on two mobs can either make my timer reset (if that's the setting I have), or it can start a whole new timer, which is great, but what happens when I refresh one of the two Dread Pyres? It will open a third timer overlay bar for Dread Pyre, even though I only want two open, one for each mob. I hope that makes sense?

If not, here's another example using Dread Pyre:

I cast DP on X; timer starts for 30 seconds.
10 seconds later I cast DP on Y; a new timer starts for 30 seconds. (DP on mob X is now at 20 seconds)
15 seconds later, I refresh DP on target X and GINA opens a third bar, starting it at 30 seconds, which now leaves me a 5 second bar (mob X), a 15 seconds bar (mob Y), and a 30 second bar (also mob X), when what I would like would be for mob X's 5 second bar to reset to 30 seconds, since I am refreshing mob X's DP DoT.

j_s_

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:03 am

As long as the mobs have different names, you can do this in the BETA version of the application. Here is a sample of the timer settings you would use to accomplish your task. The beta version has an option to modify the behavior of the "Restart current timer" logic (near bottom of screenshot).
TriggerRestartOption.jpg
Restart timer options
TriggerRestartOption.jpg (60.37 KiB) Viewed 16336 times
Note that this will still only work if you are dotting two mobs with different names. If you are dotting two mobs with the same name, it will be treated as the same mob and you will end up with a single timer.

j_s_

Post by j_s_ » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:34 am

I am referring to mobs of the same name, unfortunately :(

Thank you for your help and time, though! I understand that the logs do not distinguish between different mobs of the same name. Perhaps there is a way that GINA can see there is a timer currently running on mob X and catches the initial DoT flavor text that is in the log when a DoT initally lands on a target and use that to distinguish that it is a new target, thus new timers, vice refreshing current ones for a mob of the same name?

j_s_