Troubles

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
Nogin

Troubles

Post by Nogin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Hello,
I have installed GINA and followed the Tutorial and Hazimil tutorials to get it set up correctly but it doesnt seem to be working. When I click on my character it shows everything correctly but i cant get any sounds out of it, even the Phoenetics play button doesnt work. The only voice option I am given is Microsoft Anna as well. Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong or what setting needs to be changed?

Thanks,
Nogin
Rathe

Zoricx

Re: Troubles

Post by Zoricx » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:10 pm

Couple of quick things you can check. In your GINA settings, are sounds enabled? On the Character editor page, is the sound volume turned up? In your system audio settings (outside of GINA) is GINA muted or the volume turned way down? Note, you may have to open the volume mixer, then try and play the phonetic name to see GINA in the system volume mixer control box.

Nogin

Post by Nogin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:11 am

Thanks for the response. I have checked all those settings and the Sound is enabled, and both settings and char settings volumes are up. In the sound mixer GINA volume is on and at 100. When I click on the play button for the Phonetics it shows the sound bar jumping in the mixer but I still cant hear anything.

Nogin

Post by Nogin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:21 am

Ok I know I am about to answer my own question but this could be good info for someone to search in the future.

To fix this problem I went into my audio settings and found I had my computer set up on 7.1 surround, as soon as I changed this to Stereo it worked just fine.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Nogin