Fix for Windows XP lag?

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
Reiker

Fix for Windows XP lag?

Post by Reiker » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:14 pm

So I just switched from GamTextTriggers to GINA and I was immediately blown away by how much better GINA is. I'd love to use this thing... the problem is it doesn't work very well on Windows XP. I'm assuming that's the problem, anyways.

My game clients are really laggy and the program itself is really laggy too. The biggest problem is that GINA doesn't recognize triggers until about 30 seconds after they occur in the log file.

Any idea what could be the cause or a possible fix? I'd love you forever.

Settun

Re: Fix for Windows XP lag?

Post by Settun » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:54 pm

Hmm,

Couple things you might try:

(1) Delete or Rename your old eqlog_CharName_SERVER.txt (Extension might be hidden)
(2) In Everquest type /LOGINTERVAL 0
If done correctly you should get a message about log file write delay is now 0 seconds
(3) In Options > Filters in Everquest you could try turning off some of the unneeded bits of information. (Note: that doing this may affect your ability to run a parse if you happen to turn off damage information)
(4) In Options > Display in Everquest you could try lessening the visual effects.. Such as Particles > Spell / Env / Player. (Note: that turning these down may affect your ability to see targeting rings and Auras/spell effects.)
(5) You could also try a faster HDD for Everquest, but if your HDD is fairly new that shouldn't be the issue.
(6) Do you have certain Antivirus Software running that is taking up all your system resources?? While I won't advise you to turn it off, you might consider using one that is less system intensive.. McAfee and Norton are big culprits of eating your system resources.

Generally EQ shouldn't be laggy if you have a current type computer system and a good internet service.

Reiker

Re: Fix for Windows XP lag?

Post by Reiker » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:28 am

To be honest, my PC isn't great. But this is EverQuest. I'm 3 boxing on an emu server without issue, unless GINA is open. It feels like it's conflicting with something... or something. The reason why I think it may be Windows XP related is because I could only find one other person who said GINA was super laggy for him, and he was also using Windows XP.