Recovery

Have a question about how to use GINA? Ask away.
Claritydealer

Recovery

Post by Claritydealer » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Hey I recently had to start a new computer but I have my old hard drive and I was wondering where GINA actually stores the audio triggers.

Sirene

Re: Recovery

Post by Sirene » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:57 am

You'll want to run GINA on your old HD, Export all your triggers into a .gtp file and copy it over to the new one. You also may want to screenshot your overlay settings, as GINA doesn't store this info on a local file afaik. I recently reformatted my HD; I had copied my triggers into a .gtp file but I had a rough time redoing all my overlays.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:34 am

The GINAConfig.xml file is stored in the local application data folder:

On Windows 98 and Windows ME: %windir%\Application Data
On Windows 2000 and Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data
On Windows Vista and later: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local

You can see the exact file name in the Config File Location box on the settings screen. This file contains the triggers and all configuration information (characters, overlays, etc.).

You can overwrite this file on your new computer with the file from your old computer, but you need to make sure GINA is not running when you do so.

HSishi

Post by HSishi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:36 pm

I even noticed GINA keeps the old file after an update. The current file is named "GINAConfig.xml", files from an old version have the version added.

In case you need to downgrade your GINA, just rename or delete the current file, then rename or copy the file from the version you downgrade to to the name mentioned above.

Gimagukk
Site Admin

Post by Gimagukk » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:40 am

Starting with version 1.0.18.0, you can now dictate which folder you would like to use for GINA data files.

Claritydealer

Post by Claritydealer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Thanks that's a huge help! Saved me a ton of work.